How to export saved passwords from Google Chrome?
The MultiPassword password manager allows you to import all logins/passwords saved in Google Chrome and other websites, social media, and web services.
Passwords must first be exported from the web browser as a CSV file. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the web browser Settings from the main menu in the top right corner.
- Select Autofill → Passwords.
- Click the three-dot button next to "Saved Passwords". Next, select Password Export from the drop-down menu.
- Confirm that you want to export passwords by clicking the Password Export button in the pop-up window.
- Save the "Passwords Chrome.csv" file (you can change the name) to any folder on your PC. To do so, click Save in the pop-up window.
Now, you need to import the file with Google Chrome passwords to the MultiPassword.
- Sign in to MultiPassword. Go to Settings → Import.
- Click Select file... and select the "Passwords Chrome.csv" file you previously saved.
- Click the Import button to complete the Google Chrome password import process.
For security reasons, we recommend deleting the password file exported from Google Chrome from your PC after the import is complete because any other computer user will be able to access it.